What is your personal data?
Your personal data is any data relating to you as a person such as name, address, telephone number, email address and bank details.
How do we use your personal data?
All information we hold concerning you as an individual supporter will be held and processed in accordance with the provision of data protection legislation. This means that we will update your personal data when necessary, we will store and destroy securely only the information you have provided, and protect your personal data from loss, misuse and unauthorised access.
How and why do we process your personal data?
By processing the data you have provided us we can keep in touch with you through newsletters and provide you with information on resources and events. If you are a regular financial supporter or have made a financial donation, we need to store your financial details in order to make Gift Aid claims and make sure your donation is processed properly.
If you make a financial donation on our website using PayPal, you can read more about their privacy statement here: www.paypal.com.
If you sign up for our email newsletters, your email address will be automatically stored in our contact list. We only sign up people for our e-newsletters with their personal consent, and you are free to unsubscribe or change your contact settings at any time (please press ‘unsubscribe’ in the footer of our newsletter).
Your personal data will only be shared amongst RF staff in order to carry out a service to you and will not be shared with other charities or companies for marketing services.
We will not, without your consent, share your contact details or any other personal data to any third party outside of RF except;
- We are required to do so by law
- We transfer your contact details to our email platform in order to send out tailored emails to you from which you can opt out at any time
- When transferring your name and values of donations you have given us to HMRC in order to reclaim gift aid, where appropriate
You have the following rights under GDPR:
- To request a copy of your data that Relationships Foundation holds of you
- The right to request an update of your personal data
- The right to request your personal data to be erased when it is no longer necessary for us to store it
- The right to withdraw your consent to processing your data at any time
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
In case you wish to contact us directly, or exercise any of the above mentioned rights – please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for data-related inquiries relating to donations, or email@example.com for data-related inquiries relating to research data collection.